Monday, July 7, 2008

To Mr. Oblivious:

Dear Pants Guy,
First of all, I'll never get this out in one letter. There's too much to say.
So I'll start at the beginning: I liked you from the moment I saw you. Which could be considered creepy- but even the best movie romances would have been creepy had the feeling not been returned.

I know that I didn't know you, but you seemed a little interested, and so I got excited, you know that "just met you, but you're awesome and make me feel like I'm 12 again" kind of excited. And while eloquence (aka any intelligent conversation at all) may have escaped me in every conversation we've ever had- I just wish that you could see my biting wit, endearing cheesiness, bumbling cuteness, and remarkable brilliance... all within two mumbled syllables.
I can't help it that you make me nervous- that's supposed to be cute to you, right?
I can't help it that everytime you talk to me I turn bright red (I thought that ended in the 3rd grade)

I'm usually so grounded. I've never been in love, and at one point- I even stopped believing in it. That didn't last long though, examples of it are all around me.

Sometimes I think that I've made you into someone your not- in my mind. That seems the most rational if I think it over, because I don't know you. I don't know how you work or what you think about before you sleep. I don't know your favorite time of day, or what really gets you going. I'd like to, but then what if you don't measure up? Maybe it's me that's keeping you here, in my head, so I never have to deal with the less-than-perfect reality. I tell myself that if we ever got to know each other, that you really are special and that I could accept any of your faults (which are sooo nonexistent, of course...) but what if I really couldn't?

It's weird that you don't notice me. Or if you do notice me- it's not in the way that I want you to. I could waist a thousand pennies wishing that you'd fall in love with me, but do I really, actually want that?
I think so. Even if it's just to be noticed. That's ridiculous I know- but true. It's how we're made; with the need to be noticed, accepted--loved.

I read somewhere that a guy knows immediately whether or not he wants to be with you, and that if he doesn't actively pursue you, than it's time to move on and forget about him-- no matter how hot he is- or how much you like him. If that's true, than it's high time I got over you!
Why is it that you always want what you can't have, or the relationship equivalent "you always want what doesn't want you"?

What if one more wish could make you like me?

Peace, Love and All That Other Jazz- Sign Me,
The One Poorly Hidden Behind the Potted Plant

No comments: